Don’t shy away from weights! They are essential to maintaining a healthy weight, strong bones, and a tight physique.
Since time is of the essence for all of us, weight workouts that use more than one muscle group at a time are your best bet to get the most out of lifting weights.
Here is a move that incorporates 8 different muscle groups in one move.
Reverse Lunge with Shoulder Press
Muscle Groups Worked:
- Pectoralis Major
To do a reverse lunge with shoulder press (view video here):
- Hold a dumbbell (choose your desired weight) in each hand and raise to shoulder level, palms facing out.
- Stand with your feet together.
- Take a step backward with your right leg.
- Bend both your knees until your right knee is almost touching the floor.
- As you lunge backwards, press the dumbbells directly over your head.
- Push off with your right leg and return to the sanding position, while lowering the weights back to shoulder level.
- Repeat with left leg, and this completes one rep.